Circuit Clinical Raises $29M in Series C Funding, Enabling National Expansion and Top-Talent Acquisition
BUFFALO, NY – Circuit Clinical, a Buffalo-based startup that delivers clinical trial opportunities directly to providers and patients across the US, recently closed its Series C raise at $29M+ – marking over 200% growth from its $7.5M Series B in 2020.
Says CEO, Irfan Khan, MD: “Great milestones are often punctuated by great momentum – this raise gives us the perspective to see how far we’ve come as well as a true visualization of the road ahead. Our goal is to fundamentally change the way patients access clinical research. This $29M is the result of many, for many as we harness the power of our strategic relationships to grow our national footprint and attract industry leaders who will bring us to the next level.”
The close of its Series C celebrates a new page in Circuit’s story and is one of immense growth and promise. This capital will go toward initiatives that directly support their mission:
- Expanding their clinical research site network’s footprint across the United States, specifically within racially diverse and historically underserved populations, to provide clinical research as a care option to providers and patients.
- Recruiting proven leaders and managers from the pharmaceutical industry who will help develop solutions to the fundamental and historical issues of patient access, inclusion, and experiences in clinical research. Circuit is currently hiring at every level, growing the Team 100% from 2021.
- Actualizing the value of strategic partnerships with key industry players such as Labcorp and Medidata, which bring national exposure and opportunities to scale.
- Building the relevance and optimizing the experience of TrialJourney.com, a first-in-kind technology platform where people can find any available clinical trial, and where participants rate and review their research site experience.
- Growing their Board of Directors to now include Thomas Quinn, CEO of the WNY Impact Investment Fund, a leading partner in the Series C raise. Quinn’s leadership at The Medicines Company and Quintiles Transnational Holdings (now IQVIA), among many industry-leading companies, brings additional capabilities to an incredibly experienced Board.
“Circuit Clinical’s mission to expand clinical research access to all patients across the United States – breaking down historic racial, socioeconomic, and geographical boundaries – directly aligns with the values and goals of the WNY Impact Investment Fund. Being a partner in this Series C round and now joining the Board of Directors is an honor as we strive together to make these goals a reality for many,” said Thomas Quinn. Investing partners in the Series C raise include: Laboratory Corporation of America (Labcorp); 3DS Investments SAS (Medidata); WNY Impact Investment Fund, LLC; Breakout Investment Partners, LLC; LaunchNY Seed Fund; Rochester Angel Network; Primark Private Equity Fund; Circlin; and many key others.